Eye Up Gaze Correction

Hello dear blogger friends! How's this weekend for you? On these Saturdays we would get up a little bit early and go out finishing all needed business so we could back home before the rain. Yes, it rains every afternoon. Anyway, I enjoy my time at home studying about my Blythe dolls.

I always saw amazing photos of Blythe dolls on Flickr. One of the reasons that they look amazing to me is because their eyes are really sparkling and piercing so the expressions on their faces look like 'real' innocent kids. I compared the difference between my girls and theirs and finally got the secret! Their eyes look up! New Blythe dolls without any eye customization have glassyeyed look so they seem sleepy all the time. Some people prefer sleepy look and create very unique characters for their dolls. I adore those dolls who look up, who look like looking at me and talking to me when I saw the photo. I googled the eye up gaze correction and found a really neat video clip teaching how to do it so I decided to give it a try.

Here is the link of the tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZK2USNrZHs

So I gave Snow a brain surgery. I opened her head and followed the tutorial, unscrewed the T-bar, sanded it shorter, and screwed it back.  Yes, it's that simple. And it makes a big difference.

Here is the position of T-bar when you open the head:

Eye comparison between Snow (left) and Rachel (head never opened, no custom work done):


Did you feel the difference? Which style do you like more? I also give Snow a Licca body. I really like Licca body and even think that I might replace my two other girls' Azone body to Licca.

Thanks for reading my blog and leaving comments friends! I wish I could share some other Re-ment sets but it's too dark indoor in rainy days and I couldn't take any nice photos. Here are some other pictures that I took this week to share:



Spencer and Aria now have Azone S bodies. Shall I give them Licca bodies?

12 comments:

  1. Yes, I really see the difference on the eyes, and I love swhat you did with the t-bar! Great work! I see in the photo that the Azone S bodies are bendable. I like that a lot. Are the Licca bodies bendable too? Beautiful work on your dolls, and your photos are lovely too. xo Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jennifer! Thank you for your comment. Licca body is bendable too and it's smaller than Azone. But it's not as flexible as Azone. Since the original Blythe body is the Licca size, most outfits are easier to put on licca body than azone. Both of them have cons and pros.

      Delete
  2. I love Snow's new eyes :-D The Azone bodies are good but I also like the Licca look. Gorgeous photos, I love the pink stockings :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Aranera! Welcome to my blog! Thank you for your comment.

      Delete
  3. It's fascinating how the express of the face changes! :) love the eyes that way! You really make me want to have an own blythe doll! Lovely photos, the chips are awesome! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kyra. You won't regret having a blythe doll. I didn't even like dolls before. Now after I got my first Blythe I couldn't stop.

      Delete
  4. I do prefer Snow's upward glance. She looks quite childish and innocent like you said about the Blythe photos. Good job on sanding down the T-bar. I am afraid to open my doll's head from fear of dislodging anything LOL The Azone body is awesome for posing but a pain to dress up! Licca's body are so easy to dress up but it has limits when you need to put them in certain position. I like both but I prefer them for different reasons. I would keep a few dolls on Licca body and a few on Azone for posing purposes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I toally agree with you! I prefer them for the same reasons as you stated. I'll watch if there's good deal of Licca body on eBay though.

      Delete
  5. 改過的眼光比較靈活呢!
    也喜歡那款拼布被 ^^
    還有最後一張小布的青蛙包包和鞋鞋 太萌了吧!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 哈哈,谢谢你的喜欢,也不知为什么,很喜欢做成卡通造型的各种青蛙呢。

      Delete
  6. Nice work! The eyes are so beautiful, almost haunting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank your for sharing! I have been thinking of change my Blythes eyes too, but I do like the looking down, but looking up is cute to, I just can't decide. I guess I have to buy one more doll, so I can have both ways ;)
    Hannah

    ReplyDelete