1. Paris Kitchen
Dora's translation: In my house there are lots of cute pink antique kitchenware. Mama received them from her mother’s mother and treasures them very much. I love the cookies Mama makes. My particular favorite is the cookies made from a fish mold. But when I help out, I’m told that it looks like I’m just playing pretend. Is that true?
2. I love bathtime
Dora's translation: I love taking a bath! And I lo-ve soap! My favorite is the soap sets with many different small soaps. They are so cute with lots of colors and scents. The long Marseille Soap that everyone uses must be cut little by little to use. It’s always my job to cut it! It’s so fun!
Dora's translation: Isn’t the red mini sewing machine cute? “In order to become a lovely lady,” Mama said taught me how to sew. But it’s so difficult! Isn’t it amazing how Mama often makes my clothes? Right now I can only sew in a straight line, but if you need a straight line – leave it to me!
Dora's translation: Lately I’ve been able to run errands by myself. When I pay at the register I feel a little bit like I’ve become an adult. Sometimes people even give me some freebies, so it’s fun!
Today’s Grocery List
- Olive Oil
- High Grade Butter in Wooden Basket
- Carton of 6 Eggs
- Pickled Olives
- Orange Compote
I wonder what is for tonight’s dinner?
Dora's translation: The Flea Market Papa and I always go to. It’s a fun place with lots of different things. Papa bought the typewriter he wanted and I also bought me a blue airplane bag, an empty yogurt bottle, and a cute thermometer. Yay! We bought former singer Catherine Love’s, old record as a gift for Mama. Papa said that “Mama will feel nostalgic and happy!”. When I get back, I’ll try listening with her.
6. Cute Cheese ShopDora's translation: Whenever I go the cheese shop, there’s so many cheeses, I don’t know which to choose! I like soft white cheese the most. I can’t eat the really strong smelling type yet. Papa and Mama often eat cheese while drinking wine after dinner. I like eating cheese on top of bread. Yum.
Dora's translation: Mama is into aromatherapy. She uses herbs and fragrant smelling oils to make her own perfume. It’s almost like an interesting lab experiment you would do at school. I want to try, but it’s still too hard for me to measure and divide the quantities. I like to spend time soaking my feet in the foot bath like this.
8. Break at the CafeDora's translation: At an open air cafe, I finally take a break. This is my favorite cafe. The reason I like it is because of the cups and biscuit-shaped coasters. When I first saw them I thought they were real biscuits, so it really seemed like I could eat them!
9. My RoomDora's translation: Welcome to my cool room. With the cloud wallpaper, it feels like you are in the middle of the sky, doesn’t it? Inside my room there are lots of toys!! Recently my favorite has been the mailbox-shaped bank that received from the post office. I put coins into it, but I wonder when it will ever be full?
10. When Guests Come Over!Dora's translation: Whenever guests come over, we entertain with our red polkadot tea set. It’s strange but somehow, the same exact same tea we always drink tastes so much better from the polkadot tea set. I bet drinking with everyone together is the reason it feels like it tastes better.
French Sundries is one of my favorite Re-ment sets because they are well designed. For example, the egg carton is made of plastic instead of paper and can open or close; the yellow typewriter can be inserted a paper on the top. The set also look nice to decorate a dollhouse, and aren't very plastic-like.